COVID restrictions have made it so many healthcare providers are moving their services online. Many students, either living at home with family, or with roommates, are struggling to find ways to find private space for health care meetings. The MHPs have listed some strategies for how to find some privacy and peace of mind for your next remote health care appointment.
Strategies for finding privacy
- Use a sound machine
- White noise apps/videos
- Scheduling around housemate/family schedules
- Asking housemates to go to another location
- Doing the session from a closet/bathroom/car/laundry room/garage/park
- Going on a walk during your session
- Wearing headphones
- Putting a towel in the crack under the door
- Do not disturb signs on your door
- Ask housemates to wear headphones
- Use a chat function
- Schedule session when you know housemates will be out
- Set up a codeword with your therapist to let them know your privacy has been compromised
Brainstorm some other ideas with your therapist or health care provider!